200HIACE CLUB
Pls login for more fun!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

200HIACE CLUB
Pls login for more fun!
200HIACE CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Pissed Off Evening Today

+6
Hiace555
vin
DG_T69
200hiace
dieseleater
Cjcl
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Pissed Off Evening Today Empty A Pissed Off Evening Today

Post  Cjcl Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Guys, i would like to share something and see what advise from you.

At around 5.40pm just now, i was driving at PIE towards Jurong after P.Lebar exit. I was driving on the extrem 2nd left lane and on my left, which is the 1st lane there was another van. between my ride and the van is less than 1 car length.

suddenly, came 1 dyna lorry travelling very fast behind the van and trying to overtake into my lane on my left, and very close to me. as i knew that it is immpossible for him to overtake and switch lane to his right in such a small space, i slow down and try to let the dyna overtake.

Then suddenly, he just drove out and cut into mine lane. guessed what, half of his lorry bed banged onto my left hand mirror, scratching and dented my side door, bumper and headlight. he did not stop, until i Highbeamed him. finally he stopped his lorry with me behind him, got down, and accussed me of not giving him way even though he had signalled just now.

i told him, u're damn close to me, and at that speed u're immpossible to overtake. and i told him, i was starting to slow down and u just cut into my lane so fast!

he kept maintaining that he is not in the wrong and talk cocky. i wanted to take down his particulars but he refuse. i F*** him infront of his face saying: Uncle u damn cocky, u got attitude talking is it!!!

in the end, he just asked me to take down his vehicle number, and just tell me his lorry insurance is from NTUC.

i was damn freaking fuming. so tomorrow, i am going to make an insurance report and claim against him.

so, is my case sure win, or 50% winning?

need advise. but i am sure going to claim him and write a report all pointing at him.......................................

Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Cjcl
Cjcl
hiacemate

http://jiandi.multiply.com/

Back to top Go down

A Pissed Off Evening Today Empty Re: A Pissed Off Evening Today

Post  dieseleater Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:22 pm

it pains my heart to hear abt hiace abuse like this. stupid dyna driver. within the same family sumore.. where is the love.. on more serious note. make the insurance claim.. best thing would be to have his particulars.. not just the lorry number. coz he could not have a license and just bang.. then say claim insurance but neva give particulars so he wont kena cialat.. just the insured person's name will kena..
dieseleater
dieseleater
hiacemate

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjcl Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:28 pm

He did show me his driving license. But he just won't let me take down his particulars. But what I am worried is, will I have 100% win on this suitation? If he were to bang my ride's back, I'll sure win.
He talked to cocky. I must have a sure win claim.
Evil or Very Mad
Cjcl
Cjcl
hiacemate

Back to top Go down

Post  200hiace Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:13 am

this is a 50-50 case..

did he show you the DL? if yes, y dun you take a photo of it?

If there r a witness, it will be much easy issue liao.

so from wat i understand, it bang from your left side before front wheel area rite? how is his damage?
200hiace
200hiace
hiacemylife

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjcl Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:28 am

There are scratches with dented on the left hand side door. Scratches on left hand bumper and headlights.
Cjcl
Cjcl
hiacemate

Back to top Go down

Post  DG_T69 Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:58 am

Bro, no photos evidence taken?? usually, u just take his Plate numb, time and loc of accident and make insurance report. State in there, Driver wasn't cooperative in giving details. Sometimes this kind ah, they bang here there, they resign, insurance see only company name. Company chialat lor... I ever kena this situation, wanna fight liao.. at last , he soft after i pick my phone and call UNCLE... hahahaha...whie shirt UNCLE come, he very polite oredy.

Go and make report....Good luck and sorry to hear... Crying or Very sad
DG_T69
DG_T69
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjcl Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Thank you Bro.
Cjcl
Cjcl
hiacemate

Back to top Go down

Post  vin Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Bro, so sorry to hear about your incident. My advice would be for u to make a police report as well as a report with your insurance company as soon as possible. Don’t sit on it ya.

From my understanding it was a side collision and from I know, U should be able to win over the claims. He was trying to cut into his lane. We have learnt in driving school that if a driver is unable to get change lane in traffic, HE should slow down and change lane from the back and not force his way in.
It's only when u hit his back, will there be in conflicts. Hope yr ride is fine……
vin
vin
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjcl Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks vin. Already make an insurance report. Now at ubi, waiting to go over to my spray painting to access the damage cost, super heavy rain here.
Already can't work because of this, further more no income for today.
($)&@"#%^*
Cjcl
Cjcl
hiacemate

Back to top Go down

Post  vin Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Hang in there Bro. What goes around, comes around. Arrow
Try to claim for your loss in income for every day that yr ride is in the workshop.
I'm in the east area , was pissing for about 20 min tops. Much better now. Take Care... farao

Cjcl wrote:Thanks vin. Already make an insurance report. Now at ubi, waiting to go over to my spray painting to access the damage cost, super heavy rain here.
Already can't work because of this, further more no income for today.
($)&@"#%^*
vin
vin
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiace555 Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:20 am

hmmm.. sorry to hear that bro... that's why i equip my van with a metal pole in case meet some axxHole who wanna papaya with me.. Evil or Very Mad
but call for police is a better option on most occassion....
Hiace555
Hiace555
hiace chaser

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjcl Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:44 am

Hiace555 wrote:hmmm.. sorry to hear that bro... that's why i equip my van with a metal pole in case meet some axxHole who wanna papaya with me.. Evil or Very Mad

yup. but given that suitation on that evening, that driver was trying to leave eagerly. after arguing wft me and hanged up his call, he just walk off and drove off.
stupid man.
Evil or Very Mad

but i'll be getting my ride back later afternoon. hope everything is as new as before.
Smile
Cjcl
Cjcl
hiacemate

Back to top Go down

Post  vin Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Hoes yr ride Bro? As good and new as b4 i hope. Cheers.... farao

vin
vin
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjcl Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:39 pm

vin wrote:Hoes yr ride Bro? As good and new as b4 i hope. Cheers.... farao

Thanks vin bro. Got back my on fri afternoon. Looks new again. Luckily, the dr and bumper need no changing or adjustment.
Got to be extra careful next time when meeting this type of suitation.
Cjcl
Cjcl
hiacemate

Back to top Go down

Post  Samurai Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:36 pm

after my experience with a taxi, now take photo also cannot help.
that is why now i've put an in car dvr n record it from the start i start to drive to work till i reach home.
but the again, it depend on ur luck. when i record, nothing happen, when i didn't record, knn 1 malaysian bus cut into my lane n bang my ride. call NTUC, they said they cannot do the claim for me as i hold a third party insurance with them n also accident involve with foreign vehicle and i need to source for a workshop that can do a claim against foreign vehicle.
so lan lan, must bear the repair cost myself.
Sad
Samurai
Samurai
hiacemylife

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjcl Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:44 pm

Samurai wrote:after my experience with a taxi, now take photo also cannot help.
that is why now i've put an in car dvr n record it from the start i start to drive to work till i reach home.
but the again, it depend on ur luck. when i record, nothing happen, when i didn't record, knn 1 malaysian bus cut into my lane n bang my ride. call NTUC, they said they cannot do the claim for me as i hold a third party insurance with them n also accident involve with foreign vehicle and i need to source for a workshop that can do a claim against foreign vehicle.
so lan lan, must bear the repair cost myself.
Sad
yup, i agreed with u. sometimes, we got to depend on our luck. even if we are alert and pay more extra careful on the roads, will still meet with some accident again.
as we know, we are paying higher premiums for our insurance now adays, we had to be extra alert. if we are at fault... the next insurance renewal will be headache.
Cjcl
Cjcl
hiacemate

Back to top Go down

Post  200hiace Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:59 am

but franky speaking... premium high... but need to clain that time give you all sort of excuse....

say we consumer anyhow claim.... but saw a recent news... a taxi driver claim against a driver over 80K ... after 3 yrs from accident... with only slight light bump... taxi driver perfectly ok at that time..

things to be claim:
Lost of income
major repair of taxi rear.
tooth decay???? ( this is something i dun understand... n it happen 3 yrs after the accident when he go to dentist.)

so like tat also can..

200hiace
200hiace
hiacemylife

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjcl Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:32 am

200hiace wrote:but franky speaking... premium high... but need to clain that time give you all sort of excuse....

say we consumer anyhow claim.... but saw a recent news... a taxi driver claim against a driver over 80K ... after 3 yrs from accident... with only slight light bump... taxi driver perfectly ok at that time..

things to be claim:
Lost of income
major repair of taxi rear.
tooth decay???? ( this is something i dun understand... n it happen 3 yrs after the accident when he go to dentist.)

so like tat also can..
Yup, it's true. This is Singapore, what to do.
Like what alots of ppl say,don't ever get involve in an accident with taxi. Unless the taxi driver is at fault.

Cjcl
Cjcl
hiacemate

Back to top Go down

Post  DG_T69 Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 am

Same goes for me before...motorbike squeeze in between, graze my side, fall and skid on the road, no Major injuries, no broken bones, no fractures, Claim Insurance 60K... bike oni need spray ferring oni..so angry, insurance fight in court... dunno yet outcome...

Summore call him when he's at hospital to ask concern, he farK me, " dunno how to drive u stoopid moron.." BUT..my lane.. u squeeze, how i siam? u come from behind..Behind also i take care meh?? ..I just answered, " Thank God You still alive..dun kuaylian.. may have been worse..." Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
DG_T69
DG_T69
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  200hiace Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Did he squezze between kerb n urs van? If yes. 80% win on urs side.

But if between lane. He can blame u say u didn't check while changing lane
200hiace
200hiace
hiacemylife

Back to top Go down

Post  HonG Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:57 pm

some point to take note in an event of an accident...

Both parties must exchange particulars... if one of you refused, the other party have to lodge a police report.. one of the main reason is the other driver can ask somebody else to take the rap (for example, the driver has no license, or is under suspension etc etc, or he can just say that he was not the driver during the accident, then there will be some differences in both statements) but still, u still have to pay excess for the repairs first when u make the insurance claim... if you win 100%, they will refund you the excess. But this process takes a very long time.

If you are involved in an accident with a foreign vehicle or government vehicle, you must call 999 as this will be a police case. So remember to call for police assistance when this happens.

The best way to handle is question the other driver if he is really at fault... if he do admitted to you at the scene, ask him to write in black and white immediately with his signature with time and date stated in the statement.
HonG
HonG
hiace chaser

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjcl Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:43 pm

But for my case, the other party is not cooperative. Just show me his driving licence, ask me to make a claim against his insurance, and hurrily walk off, drove away.
Cjcl
Cjcl
hiacemate

Back to top Go down

Post  HonG Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:55 am

Cjcl wrote:But for my case, the other party is not cooperative. Just show me his driving licence, ask me to make a claim against his insurance, and hurrily walk off, drove away.

Yes.. that driver is smart for being not cooperative as you had lost ur cool... but u mentioned he showed u his driving license but refused to let u take down his details. One thing he is wrong here is failing to cooperate and exchange his particulars with u. And since you have his vehicle number, my advice is u can go down to any NPC and ask the officers for advice... by telling them the full incident.. whereby he hit u and failed to stop right at the scene and you have to go after him to stop him, in addition to he failed to cooperate with u and refuse to give u his full personal particulars and just drove away. I believed the police will make a formal report for you and then ask you to proceed to make another report with the insurance company for 3rd party claim. Although this might be a 50/50 case due to lack of witnesses and evidence... at least there is some hope whereby ur insurance company and the police will do an investigation for you. Be reminded there is a camera at every 10-15 lamp post on the expressway... so hopefully that accident scene might be captured.. maybe u can ask the traffic police investigator if they can check from there, though this is not a serious accident, but maybe u can try ur luck. Maybe can fight for 80% so at least you dun have to pay so much for ur repairs and ur insurance premium won't be affected.

Jus my 2 cents worth.. hope this helps
HonG
HonG
hiace chaser

Back to top Go down

Post  javiersim Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:04 pm

hey hey dont worry Cjcl, there r survillance cameras on the lamp post along PIE so u might want to ask the Uncle to help in assisting haha then Uncle will based on the footage to give u ur ans.
javiersim
javiersim
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  Cjcl Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:07 pm

Hiace555 wrote:hmmm.. sorry to hear that bro... that's why i equip my van with a metal pole in case meet some axxHole who wanna papaya with me.. Evil or Very Mad
Hiace555, u looks so decent, u got equip a metal pole inside ur van meh...?
Laughing
Cjcl
Cjcl
hiacemate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next