200HIACE CLUB
Pls login for more fun!

Another experience encountered (Error code P2BAB)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another experience encountered (Error code P2BAB)

Post  HonG on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Time to share another experience of mine with u guys again..

4 weeks ago... vehicle operating as per normal and suddenly malfunction light appears and blinking.. not sure what the problem is because can't feel anything wrong with the van except for the blinking light. Brought it to my mechanic (ah liu) and he diagnose my van via my ECU with his USB device and shows an error code "P2BAB" (NOx Exceedence - Incorrect EGR Flow). In case u guys don't know whats EGR, u can read it from here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation or search for EGR in Wikipedia if the link fails. My mechanic suggested the EGR valve could be dirty but he also mentioned our ECU is very sensitive to some minor faults and so reset my ECU to try and see how it goes.

1 week later (which is during our Nov meetup), the light managed to stay un-lit until it buay tahan and blinks again when we were on the way to Kallang Bahru for makan. Van is still operating as normal. Brought the van back to wokshop and personally requested the mechanic to change my EO to my usual prefered brand and reset the ECU again. My last servicing was 3000kms ago and was using a new EO which I've never used before, and so I thought the EO might be the problem.

3 days later, the blinking light shows up again during work and spoilt my mood and morale for the whole day. But as I parked my van till the next morning, the blinking ight is gone again but reappears after a couple of hours. This happened again for the next 2 days whereby the light goes on/off by itself.

Brought it to workshop again and my mechanic suggested a way to troubleshoot to check where the problem lies. He disconnected the tube which transfered the recycled gas into the EGR valve, seals the vacuum of the EGR and reset my ECU again. Its is as simple to say that the EGR valve is still operating but prevented from doing any work. This time, he said if the malfuntion light manages to stay unlit, then the EGR valve itself is really malfunctioning and could need a replacement. But if the light blinks again, then the problem might lie elsewhere. It could be the valve controller which does the recycling into the EGR valve, causing high NOx which the EGR cannot handle.

Indeed the light blinks again after a few days again and immediately inform mechanic again. He went to did a check from other workshops/suppliers and got information that quite a number of Hiace owners had the similiar problem and quite a number had already changed/ordered the valve controller assembly to rectify the problem.

Returned to the workshop this morning and have it dismantle and this is the part which I've changed (look at how thick the carbon is surrounding the wall of the valve assembly) throttle body is washed too and coolant flushed.

hopefully the problem won't be back again.... Neutral
HonG
hiace chaser

Back to top Go down

Re: Another experience encountered (Error code P2BAB)

Post  nitez on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:36 am

wow...the carbon is What a Face What a Face

btw how much was the damage?
nitez
hiace chaser

Back to top Go down

Incorrect EGR flow reading

Post  limtc on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Have a very similar problem as honG. Wonder if honG can share with me how his problem was finally solved. What was the actual cause of the problem?

limtc
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  alantan_74 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:22 am

Bro, ur is PI euro 4 ?
alantan_74
ace baby

Back to top Go down

INCORRECT EGR FLOW READING

Post  limtc on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Sorry alantan_74 , but I don know what PI means.
Mine is a Euro4 hiace. Date of registry feb 2007. Any idea where could be the problem?

limtc
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  alantan_74 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:14 am

Oh ok . Is your guess your euro 4 is from agent right ??3.0?
alantan_74
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  limtc on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:02 am

I bought this hiace in july 2010. The documents that came with this vehicle showed that it was bought from borneo motors. I'm wondering what has the problem got to do with where i bought the vehicle from, unless it is really a fake toyota hiace. Anyway, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be sarcastic. My intention is to get the problem solved in the most economical way, diy or otherwise. What i'm seeking is valuable information that can save me time and money. I'd appreciate it if you could provide me with some accurate information if you have any. Thks.

limtc
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  alantan_74 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:52 pm

There a diff between a agent euro 4 3.0 n PI euro 4 3.0. PI have e DPF exhaust which alway giving problem while e agent hiace dun have this prob.
Most PI 08 euro 4 doesn't have e RPM meter .
alantan_74
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  ipro321 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:43 pm

bro. i now also facing this problem.. the warning light keep on and off.. so share more which workshop and damage
ipro321
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  limtc on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:54 pm

alantan_74, as you can see another person is facing the same problem too. Would appreciate very much if u could share some experience or knowledge with regard to this problem. The problem I've experience is similar to that encountered by 'honG' above some 1and a half years ago. Very similar.

limtc
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  alantan_74 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:01 am

Bro, actually i not very experience but i juz know that PI euro 4 alway have this exhuast light problem and so far there is not total solution.E DPF is very problematic. Certain workshop only can delay e light from light up but still often is will happen. And also e exhuast valve.Endless problem

That y u can c from my other thread that i juz given up my deposit for a PI euro 4 and buy a euro 3 instead.
Unless Broneo Motor they willing to remap e ECU for you and u can take out e DPF, only that problem is solve totally.
If wana buy euro 4 buy those from broneo.Less problem then PI euro 4. At least broneo euro 4 dun have e DPF.
Is either exhuast DPF or exhuast valve...
If your is Broneo euro 4 or PI euro 3 then i dun know wat e problem cos so far these 2 model bo complain.

alantan_74
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  200hiace on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Both agent n PI HIACE runs on two different ECU. Hence it not same as abc. The engine build up is also different even though both is 1kD engine.
Not say it is fake or what..

But PI one is formulated as JDM spec... bM one is formulated as TDM spec.
200hiace
hiacemylife

Back to top Go down

Post  alantan_74 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:42 pm

Oic, that mean is better to buy those w/o DPF lor.
alantan_74
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  nitez on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:04 pm

200hiace wrote:Both agent n PI HIACE runs on two different ECU. Hence it not same as abc. The engine build up is also different even though both is 1kD engine.
Not say it is fake or what..

But PI one is formulated as JDM spec... bM one is formulated as TDM spec.

dickson, bm's hiace is made in thailand or made in japan?

TDM specs in thailand spec?
nitez
hiace chaser

Back to top Go down

Post  200hiace on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:02 am

made in japan, but running in thailand spec.... only local agent can get this spec,

dun ask me y, maybe it is for cost cutting??
200hiace
hiacemylife

Back to top Go down

Post  nitez on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:16 am

200hiace wrote:made in japan, but running in thailand spec.... only local agent can get this spec,

dun ask me y, maybe it is for cost cutting??

oic...weird combo thou..anyway bm one the meter got RPM while PI one dun have..both also made in japan..how come got difference one..
nitez
hiace chaser

Back to top Go down

Post  danbenandy on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:57 am

Hi Hon,
Did you get the problems fix with the new EGR valve?

danbenandy
ace baby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top